Search Tips & Tutorials: Natural Medicines
Natural Medicines Training Resources
Mobile Access for Natural Medicines
Mobile App for Natural Medicines [Google Doc]
Ascension Wisconsin Associates who have Remote Access via VPN or Citrix can log in and use Natural Medicines.
Natural Medicines - What is it?
Quick access to comprehensive, evidence-based, peer-reviewed information on foods, herbs, supplements and natural therapies.
Database coverage includes :
- adverse effects
- and products tested by third-party laboratories.
Natural Medicines provides high-quality, evidence-based information and ratings on the following :
- Evidence-based monographs: Get scientific information and ratings for over 1000 natural ingredients and alternative therapies.
- Commercial Product Ratings: Detailed information and evidence-based ratings for over 90,000 dietary supplement products.
- Interaction Checker: Prevent potentially dangerous drug-supplement combinations.
- Effectiveness Checker: Find out what works and what doesn't for any medical condition.
- Nutrient Depletion Checker: See what nutrients are depleted by drugs and when a supplement might be needed.
Also includes evidence tables and discussion(s), statistical analysis, and quality rating of available clinical trials. Grades reflect the level of available scientific data for or against the use of each therapy for a specific medical condition.
Founded by healthcare providers and researchers at Therapeutic Research.
Excellent resource to utilize in the clinical setting and can serve as a teaching tool with your patients.
Natural Medicines - Patient Handouts
Natural Medicines includes patient handouts that can be distributed at the point-of-care.
When available, you will see links to consumer friendly information in English, Spanish, or French.