Search Tips & Tutorials: AccessMedicine
Training Materials for Access Medicine
AccessMedicine User Guide (pdf)
How to Earn CME Credits on AccessMedicine (pdf)
AccessMedicine: 2 Min. Overview
Brief overview of AccessMedicine (11 min.)
AccessMedicine for Hospitals (11 min.)
About Access Medicine
AccessMedicine provides full-text access to important resources in Clinical Medicine. The collection is divided into multiple sections:
Books: The clinical library includes the full-text of more than 85 basic science and clinical medicine texts like Harrison's Online and Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment.
Multimedia Library - Simplify complicated concepts or brush up on common procedures with 250+ examination and procedural videos, patient safety modules, audio files, and animations.
Quick Reference Tools
- Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care - Updated annually and assists in disease screening, prevention, and management by providing succint versions of longer original guidelines.
- Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests - a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
- Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment - collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice -- updated annually and perfect for high-yield review r for quick reference in the clinical setting.
Patient Education - Assist patients to better understand their disorder and treatment program through comprehensive, reliable healthcare information covering 5,000 topics available in multiple languages.
Downloadable Images - Thousands of photos and illustrations that aid in visual diagnosis are available to save and download for presentation and educational purposes.
Differential Diagnosis Tool - Speed diagnosis with Diagnosaurus(R) -- a downloadable tool that allows users to browse more than 1000 differential diagnoses by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point-of-care.
Where to find AccessMedicine:
- AccessMedicine https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/
- Feel free to bookmark this url, or save to your favorites.
- Also available through the AW Library Website
- and other AW Library Guides such as The Physician & Provider Tool Box
- or through the A-Z Databases List on the library home pages.
- Remote access is available to Associates who register for a personal account through an Ascension Wisconsin work computer.
- Scroll down for more info about the Mobile App.
- Also see our AccessMedicine Search Tips page filled with useful tips and tutorials for getting the most out of it.
Patient Education in Other Languages via Access Medicine
Once in AccessMedicine, click on the Patient Education Tab.
The default language is English. Click on the down-arrow to see other options, including Chinese, French, Korean, Portuguease, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
Not every patient education handout will be available in all languages listed.
About the Access Medicine Mobile App
The AccessMedicine App is available to associates at Ascension Wisconsin.
Step 1: To activate and for continued access to the app, you must have an active MyAccess account and sign in every 90 days through your institution, either on-site or through VPN. Sign up for a MyAccess account by logging into our subscription and clicking on the legacy institution name in the upper right hand corner.
Step 2: To download the app, please visit the App Store or Google Play.
Set Up a My AccessMedicine User Profile (Personal Account)
Create a personal account to store content or use special features.
- A personal account is required to use AccessMedicine outside of Ascension Wisconsin
- It's also required for the AccessMedicine mobile app.
Sign up for and complete a MyAccess profile by logging in to AccessMedicine on a work computer.
Then click on Ministry Health Care OR Columbia-St Marys OR Wheaton-Franciscan in the upper right-hand corner [See image above.]